Friday, November 14, 2008

Rainy days-and age-
We have a constant downpour going on today here in the Ozarks. I decided to do a treadmill workout. Stayed in zone two and preached Sundays message while I jogged. Heart rate is very strong but the body is sooo sore from yesterday and the leaf raking! One of the drawbacks of aging is the body does not recover like it used to. I have been a runner for 27 years now. I am nearing 25,000 lifetime miles logged. But I am also feeling the effects of age. I remember how I used to feel invincible! Nothing would slow me or deter me. But now, wow! When the muscles are sore they scream! I'm just a big sissy! That's why I didn't run in the rain!
3.3 miles treadmill in zone 2, 40 minutes. Looking to race on the 6th of December.

No comments:

Sauna

      This is the most wonderful time of year! I love the heat and humidity! Yet I still get out earlier due to my advanced age! 4.4 miles! ...