Friday, November 7, 2008

THINK
Yesterdays run was pretty good. It took a while to get loose. My heart wasn't ready to work?! I think it wanted to keep resting! The bod is basically recovered, and the hint of sciatica is still there, but I'm thinking it is on the mend.
So I decided to cover 3.2 in a very comfortable pace. I stretched and worked the core afterwards.
I noticed some dude going door to door in our neighborhood while out. He parked in front of my driveway!? (Not cool). I wonder what he was selling? I thought it really takes a great deal of nerve, courage, fortitude, or desperation to go door to door in this age.
Well I was out so he couldn't catch me today! I really enjoyed the last mile. I was able to disassociate and think about the sermon for this coming week. To think about my sons and how they are doing. You see, running is a time when I think. One of the greatest truths in life is that we are ultimately a product of our thoughts! Most people are stuck -"Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again?" Winnie the Pooh.
I have found a joy in thinking. That's one of the reasons I run, because when I think I find ideas, and when I find ideas I find encouragement and confidence.
Here's a great quote that is startling to think about-"Our minds are lazier than our bodies." François, Duc de La Rochefoucauld
Wow!! To think that America is an obese nation physically, what must we be mentally?
Think about it?!

No comments:

Sauna

      This is the most wonderful time of year! I love the heat and humidity! Yet I still get out earlier due to my advanced age! 4.4 miles! ...