Tuesday, December 16, 2008


Recovery-

As I age I have realized the importance of recovery. So today I will rest and not run. The roadways are still ice and snow covered with more freezing precip on the way.

I am now, finally after all these years, considering my diet more carefully. I need to consider intake that will help my body recover and rebuild better after hard efforts like yesterday. Man, am I sore! Running on ice works so many additional muscle groups! So after a long, hard effort, what's the best refueling meal? Not the twizzlers and coke I had while running errands after yesterdays 11.8! I can't help it! I'm a sugar addict!

The weather shows we may climb above freezing tomorrow so the roads will thaw out and I can keep my mileage base in the 25-30 mile range. I am seriously thinking about a marathon rather than the half for March. There is "Little Rock", "Eisenhower", or "Olathe". I am leaning towards Little Rock because my youngest son, Evan, goes to College near there and we could make a visit out of the trip. However, I can't let it be all about me! As Mr. Miyagi would say "Must keep balance."

No comments:

Sauna

      This is the most wonderful time of year! I love the heat and humidity! Yet I still get out earlier due to my advanced age! 4.4 miles! ...