Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Arctic Blast


I named myself, for today only, the Arctic Blast! I started my run faster than normal today? Usually I require 1-1.5 miles warm-up, but that wasn't the case today. I just felt good! 5.4 miles in 49:27-9:09's! That's a four hour marathon pace! I wasn't even working?Thanks to the comments on LSD runs, I will keep running them at conversation pace and remember they are for time on the roads. Thanks!I had fun on the roads today! I was able to play, think, and plan. I realized that the training is paying off. I completed set two, row three, week four of the one hundred push up challenge, I'm doing this because of what a track coach told me years ago, " strong arms carry tired legs."So this recovery run was very encouraging. I will do the same run tomorrow with my eye on the track workout Friday. The real Arctic blast hits us tonight. Man it's 40 below up North!

Hope all is well in your neck of the woods! Peace

2 comments:

Lily on the Road said...

Good job, yes, strong arms do carry tired legs, but strong abs do too!

Good luck with the frigid Arctic Blast, I'm doing what I can to send it down to you !! hahaha

Love to Run said...

It was -12.8 F this morning when I went to work. Now that is Cold. No running outside in that stuff. Good thing my race this weekend is an indoor race.

Great Blog. We share many ofd the same goals and times. It is good to find someone with similar paces and races.

Sauna

      This is the most wonderful time of year! I love the heat and humidity! Yet I still get out earlier due to my advanced age! 4.4 miles! ...