Monday, January 5, 2009

Marathon!

I have a saying that helps when the down times come-"Be in season." Every day can't be easy, or perfect, but I can be the best I can be everyday.
So the question I ask is "what season am I in right now? Training! The way to a sub four hour marathon! Today requires a long run, however I may have to run long tomorrow, way to much work on my plate today.
I still need to decide on what marathon I will run this Spring. It's very difficult for me to get time off, and when I get it we really need to rest. The ministry is a very draining occupation. I'm looking for a Saturday event so I won't have to burn vacation time. Sandy and I like to get away to the deep woods and vegetate when we can. We went to Grand Marais Minnesota last time out and it was a fabulous time!
So I will aim for 30+ miles this week with a 13+mile long run. I really would like to hit the track, too, but the ankle is still not 100%. Seems like since I past 50 yrs old I'm in a constant battle with some type of minor, nagging, ailment. The good thing? The body still heals itself!
Be in season! Have a good run!

No comments:

Sauna

      This is the most wonderful time of year! I love the heat and humidity! Yet I still get out earlier due to my advanced age! 4.4 miles! ...