Friday, February 27, 2009

Superstitious?


My Mom was super superstitious! It was really a hoot growing up because she had so many little things she did in order for good luck. All of us kids (four) grew up the same way. Our Dad died at an early age so Mom was left raising us. She never did remarry.
Anyway, I was thinking while running that I have been so wondrously blessed with a strong body then I though, "Knock on wood" !! Yes I endure various injuries, I'm even dealing with one now, I'm not sure what it is?, it's that lower abdominal pain, but all in all my body has endured the pounding of the pavement for 28 years. I am blessed!

The forecast is for 1-3 inches of snow overnight. That will make the race interesting? I think I will still participate. I don't expect the roads to be covered so it can still serve as a test of current fitness. Got my rabbits foot? Yep. Four leaf clover? Yep! Buckeye? Yep! Good to go!!
3.9 easy today. Peace

1 comment:

Love to Run said...

Good Luck in the race. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Sauna

      This is the most wonderful time of year! I love the heat and humidity! Yet I still get out earlier due to my advanced age! 4.4 miles! ...