Saturday, April 11, 2009

Whew!

On the way to the wedding traffic was crazy! I turned onto the southbound lanes of a four lane highway. I was driving my Father-in-laws 3500 Ram dually pickup truck, used to transfer tables . Accelerating the diesel I had to pass a slower vehicle, to my surprise here came headlights directly at me!! Fortunately I was able to swerve the truck out of the way, nearly losing control, initially sliding as I applied the brakes because the road is wet, it's drizzling, finally, seemed an eternity, the brakes grabbed the ground and I missed the ditch and the car in front of me. I caught a glimpse of the guy in the truck. An elderly man who appeared to be dazed and confused! First time for everything and I hope the last time for that! My heart actually was skipping beats for a moment! Remember, drive defensively!!

2 comments:

Thomas said...

Blimey! That could have ended a lot worse!

Marlene said...

Yikes! Scary! Glad to hear an accident was averted.

Sauna

      This is the most wonderful time of year! I love the heat and humidity! Yet I still get out earlier due to my advanced age! 4.4 miles! ...