Monday, May 4, 2009

CashSpring Turnaround

Well I keep on trying to get these new runs in. They are all out and backs so there is a little sense of drudgery lately.
The dogs were extra feisty today. One of the big ones was very aggressive, I was wondering what the owner is thinking as their dog is harassing an innocent runner? He was actually in the road lunging towards me with fangs bared!
The house he is from is a beautiful home, I will get a picture posted. It must be valued at 1/2 a mil. Yet they let their dogs behave this way?
I had a nice conversation with one of my new neighbors, very sweet people. I've got 30 of my 305 trees planted! I only have about ten days left to get them all planted so I'll work some more after I post this. 5.35 miles in 10:19 pace avg. I'm surprisingly slow but I'll just take it as it comes.
Our band did okay at the Rhonda Vincent deal. She was awesome! We need work. The problem is time....we need to practice and it is difficult making the time to do it. Truthfully, I'd rather run!! Peace!

6 comments:

Marlene said...

Out-and-backs can get boring... I suppose the attack dogs offer some entertainment, but probably not the kind you're looking for. What is up with people not controlling their dogs?!

Love to Run said...

Dogs can be a real pain in the ... for us runners. They may be friendly and maybe not. Can't tell by the way they run at you. I have been bit once and jumped on a few times while running. A friend of mine used to run with a mace like (pepper spray?) dog repelant while running. I don't know if they sell this or what but may be worth a look. After one spray, the dog may remember the next time any you won't get hurt.

Bob A said...

I don't like either out-n-backs or unleashed/unfenced dogs. I hope you can at least get the dog thing worked out.

DawnB said...

Mark you have a lot going on and thats what happen you are just grateful to get the runs in.

305 trees wow thats alot of trees do you have someone helping?

Beth said...

I sometimes get tired of running from my house, so I'll drive out to a trail head or other spot to start. At least you have your Garmin and the dogs to provide some distraction?! Good luck with the trees!

Aron said...

ok what is up with these dog owners?? that isnt ok.

Sauna

      This is the most wonderful time of year! I love the heat and humidity! Yet I still get out earlier due to my advanced age! 4.4 miles! ...