Friday, July 10, 2009

Borderline

I am feeling fatigued today. Very low energy level, I could actually sleep all day if I had opportunity! However, that is not at all possible. Too much to do! Too much going on! I had quite a debate with myself today about to run or not to run. Knowing that feeling tired is a sign that I might need rest! Duh!! Well I went anyway. I was tired! I had to go ahead and make an adjustment to my training. Instead of 6x2min @ 3000k pace I did 4. I think there is also a sufficient amount of external pressure on me, too. My oldest son has been very sick with debilitating headaches and nausea. This has been going on for six weeks. Missing tons of work!! The Dr. has only prescribed pills. His wife finally laid down the law and we are taking him to urgent care in hopes of discovering what's going on. Your thoughts and prayers are appreciated. He's24, his name is Jared. I would gladly trade places with him, no parent wants to see their child hurting.
So the Fartlek session went okay, here are the pace speeds for the 2 min intervals: 7:20, 7:39, 7:32, 7:32. Totaled 4.01 miles giving me 33.32 for the week. Hope to knock off a sixer tomorrow, gotta go...peace

4 comments:

Chanti said...

I'll definitely be thinking of you and your family - hope he is back to normal soon!!

Marlene said...

That's a great run, especially considering how tired you felt!

Good thoughts coming your way for Jared. I hope he gets some answers!

Beth said...

I hope Jared is pain free and back to his old self soon. Glad that you guys are encouraging him to get it figured out- I'll send positive thoughts his way.

jel said...

in my thoughts and prayers,

Sauna

      This is the most wonderful time of year! I love the heat and humidity! Yet I still get out earlier due to my advanced age! 4.4 miles! ...