Thursday, August 13, 2009

But(t) Ugly!

My recovery run today went well. I started very slow with a brisk walk. My bones seem to be creaky and body sore. Then I began a slow jog...I suspect it was very ugly looking! Finally after about 1.5 miles I began to loosen up and get into a recovery pace. I have been practicing hydrating during most all my runs, and I'm developing a strategy for the marathon and I think this is helping my energy during runs. I'll talk about it more in depth at a later date. My Sweetheart, Sandy, and I are going into town for errands and lunch. She's off today and tomorrow! Gotta shower and go! Hope your runs are good and pretty! Mine take care of the ugly!! Peace!
6.32 miles/ 1:16:06/ 12:02's-that's after a 15 min warm-up mile.

6 comments:

A Plain Observer said...

those recovery runs feel hard in the beginning, it's like every bone hurts and then it gets better, ugly but better

Marlene said...

I'm pretty sure I look awkward & ugly on some of my recovery runs, too.

Enjoy your day!

Anne said...

Beauty -- and ugly -- is in the eye of the beholder. I bet you didn't look at bad as you think.

Beth said...

Glad you had a good recovery run. If you saw me run, you would be amazed that I can actually move forward. Have some good quality time with your woman and yes, please shower! :)

Lindsay said...

that's why they're recovery runs! to slowly work the funky, creaky feelings out. glad it started feeling better after a little while, sometimes mine are just funky the whole time and that's just no fun.

Erin said...

Sometimes it seems to take so long to really get into the run, doesn't it?

Thanks for the nice compliment on my blog! I appreciate it!

Sauna

      This is the most wonderful time of year! I love the heat and humidity! Yet I still get out earlier due to my advanced age! 4.4 miles! ...