Monday, August 3, 2009

To Run another day....

Today didn't work out. My plans went kaput! I wanted an 18 miler of roads. What I got was a weak 12 miler. I picked up my running buddies...Larry and Clyde, (they are dogs). They can be such a pain! Especially Clyde as he darts and even stops in front of me making me have to stop or leap, or swerve, but I still like their company.
I was reminded today of the Bass Pro Marathon I ran last November because I felt the exact same way...I could not get going! I tried. It just was not my day! I actually had to walk some towards the end? Not the least bit encouraging! However, I have decided to try it again tomorrow. I will get out earlier, try to sneak by Larry and Clyde (they got in 12 miles today, too!) and hope I can get the long run in at a decent pace. The heat and humidity is back but that is not an excuse, I simply had no energy today. I live to run another day, though!!
Totals-12.25 miles/ 2:25:00/ 11:50's-Peace!

7 comments:

chris mcpeake said...

I hear that. Sometimes its just how it goes

Aron said...

yah we all have those days... 12 miles isnt a bad run though! good luck tomorrow.

Beth said...

I bet those dogs will be sound asleep tomorrow! We all have days like that, but 12 miles is still very far. I think sometimes when we are marathon training we forget that. I hope you next long one is a breeze!

Anne said...

Larry and Clyde -- what great names for four-legged running partners.

Jamie said...

we all have those days! some days it's just not meant to be but great job on making it through 12! That's awesome!

Lindsay said...

i had the same trouble on my weekend long run sunday. :-/ here's hoping we can both bounce back for the next one! cruddy runs are a major drag. nice job sticking out the 12 though!

Marlene said...

Eh, every run can't be great. At least you still got 12 miles. Next time will be better.

Sauna

      This is the most wonderful time of year! I love the heat and humidity! Yet I still get out earlier due to my advanced age! 4.4 miles! ...