Thursday, September 3, 2009

Turnabout-


Regarding yesterdays post....it is Ozark folklore about the Woolly Worms coat. If it's real bushy prepare for a cold Winter, if it's light and thin it is supposed to be a mild Winter. I haven't really tracked it but I'm leaning on the mild Winter side. I was unable to identify the spiders...they are big and fast! I just hope they don't jump on me when I'm running, but they are thick out here!
Today's run was a 180 from how I've been feeling lately. I just started out feeling good and it carried on throughout today's run. I did cut down desired distance, trying to rest...a little.
Totals-6.45 miles/ 1:01:11/ 9:28's. This is on hills!!! I actually knocked off an 8:22 mile and it felt soooo good! I wanted more!
Had to drive up to the big city today to restock my gu supply. One of the employees is training for the same marathon I am, they are wanting to run a 3:12! Today I'm back up a little mentally and the heel is even feeling a little better. Well, got to go mow the yard!!! Hope all is well in your neck of the woods! Look out for the spiders! Peace!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks, now I get the wooly worms. Too funny. By the way, on my long run last weekend I saw a tarantula spider running across the road. Your blog just reminded me of that. Ah, nature!

Anne said...

I think I remember those jumpy spiders from my North Carolina days. Hope your wooly worm prediction is correct, unless you like harsh winters.

Chanti said...

We saw some wooly worms on our bike ride last night - I pointed it out and the girl I was riding with said 'looks like it's going to be a mild winter'!! I said yes, I guess so and told her all about your blog and prediction - we laughed about it.

Marlene said...

That's some interesting folklore!

Glad to hear you had a great run. Hope you feel better now!

Have a great weekend!!!

Sauna

      This is the most wonderful time of year! I love the heat and humidity! Yet I still get out earlier due to my advanced age! 4.4 miles! ...