Friday, October 30, 2009

So a funny thing happened at the expo-

Not much of an expo, really. I was looking to speak with Carol, the race director, she was talking to a guy, he looked like a runner? So I went ahead and got my packet, After I got my stuff I turned around and she'd disappeared! So I asked the guy she had been talking with where she'd gone. He pointed me towards her as she was now sitting down behind a table on the phone, ....finally chatted with her briefly about Sundays service. As I was leaving I realized the guy Carol had been talking to was Jeff Galloway, DUH! I've only got two or three of his books! Yet all I did was ask him where Carol went. As I was leaving I realized I really didn't have anything to say to him anyway, and it's best I didn't consume any of his time. However, I wish I'd been a little more observant! Seeing as how I pride myself in that skill I failed miserably!
Bib #253- I like it!! Does your race number matter?
I'll post a synopsis of my talk tomorrow Peace!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW, Jeff Galloway! I'm in awe of all these running "greats," they've left such an impression on training and running throughout the years. SO COOL! Your bib # sounds nice...I like 2's...not sure the numbers mean anything to me but I do like 2's, 4's and 7's...ever since I was a kiddo! HAVE FUN...hope the talk goes well, do share!

Bob A said...

I managed to snag a #5 (about 650 people ran) in my first 5K (well, actually my only 5K race) 3 or so years ago. It was pretty cool -- I guess I just happened to register early.

Jamie said...

I never know what to say when I see those guys at expos. I'm bad at the small talk! Good luck! Can't wait to hear how the race goes for you.

Marlene said...

Too cool, even if you didn't realize it at the time! I probably wouldn't recognize him either.

Sauna

      This is the most wonderful time of year! I love the heat and humidity! Yet I still get out earlier due to my advanced age! 4.4 miles! ...