Monday, April 19, 2010

Best day yet!!

I wonder how my friends are doing at Boston? Can't wait to hear all the reports! So I'm really out of shape! Wow!! Amazing what a 5 month lay off can do! Yet I'm clawing my way back! Today was a 20 minute effort, walk/run. The ankle and heel actually felt perfect! Normal! Pain free! Now it's time to push it...right? NO!! Take it slow, Mark! I will continue the glacier like advance to more running....I still plan on a marathon this year. I will only run a marathon giving my best effort. I don't believe in junk miles or junk marathons...I've learned my lesson!
Well, we really need rain! Remember the 200 trees I planted last year on the property? I planted another 100! They are thirsty!
Going into a recording session tonight! The ole' Banjo will be smokin' hot! Peace!

2 comments:

Marlene said...

Glad to read this, Mark!

Lindsay said...

glad to hear the ankle and heal are doing better! i hope things are only continuing to get better.

marathons are definitely to be respected. i thought i'd learned that lesson but i'm still a little too hard-headed. :)

Sauna

      This is the most wonderful time of year! I love the heat and humidity! Yet I still get out earlier due to my advanced age! 4.4 miles! ...