Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Ugh! Too much food!

I went to the feed barn last night! The waiters bringing by huge pots of "slop". Needless to say I slept with heartburn! I thought I would run it off so I ventured out early! Yes, I chickened out, they say the heat index will climb over 100 degrees so I got out by 8am. Decided to do 40 minutes because of my missing a running day yesterday.
I know golf was good exercise, probably walked 5-6 miles, but it isn't the same! I always refer to one of the most important principles in life: "The S.A.I.D." principle. I learned this in college around '74 in my PED 100 class. We were required to run 1.5 miles in 12 minutes to get an A. The coach talked about this principle. I had never really "run". Like trained to run an event. I began to use this principle. Guess what? I got the A! If you want to be a good golfer, golf! Swimmer, swim, runner, run; a fast runner? Run fast! Specify the goal and train towards it!
Same in life! The best in a field? What are the requirements? Begin to impose the demands!
Lazy people never get there, but those with vision will, I promise you!
40 minutes of running and not one bit of heel pain!!!!!!

No comments:

Sauna

      This is the most wonderful time of year! I love the heat and humidity! Yet I still get out earlier due to my advanced age! 4.4 miles! ...