Friday, August 6, 2010

Feeling the training

     So today was one of those experiences we all have....the run was a bear! I went out at noon and didn't expect the elements to have any impact, we are actually having a cool spell, but I sure did feel the heat. I had to break down and walk intermittently in order to survive. Finally I broke through and was able to finish decently. 53:08 in time and this makes reaching Base Camp II easy! I will arrive this week (20 miles) and will do another 20 mile week before I begin the climb again,. Must go mow the yard! It's about an acre so it takes a while. Hope you all have a great weekend! Peace!

4 comments:

Jill said...

Good job on the 20 mile week...hope the weather continues to be cool for you this weekend. Have a great one :).

Marlene said...

I can't imagine running at noon this time of year, even during a cold spell. Great job getting it done!

Leah B. said...

Way to push through!! It's soooo hot outside. I'm waiting until this evening to go but it's still in the 90s here right now! Good job to you :)

Johann said...

Any run is good training. You're doing great! Keep it up. Have a good weekend.

Sauna

      This is the most wonderful time of year! I love the heat and humidity! Yet I still get out earlier due to my advanced age! 4.4 miles! ...