Monday, August 30, 2010

Phase 3 begins

  So, using my Mtn climbing analogy, I've been successful in maintaining base camp 2. Now I start the climb to base camp 3. During this 4 week period I'll increase by 10% each of the next three weeks and level off in week four. I will run one race as a race effort to gauge fitness level. That will be the Sept. 11th race.
  Each week I will incorporate Fartleks and tempo runs along with my track days. I will increase based on time not distance. I am thinking this will be beneficial in regards to injury prevention. Today for example, I ran much slower than last Monday because of the heat and humidity. So my 66 minutes today was only a little longer that last week. Tomorrow looks like a 53 minute run with 6x1min @ 5Kpace.
  Man we need rain here! The ground is brown and I'm losing trees! Hope all is well with you! Peace!

3 comments:

Marlene said...

Sorry to hear about the ongoing drought! Hoping you get some rain soon!

Good luck "climbing" to base camp 3!

racing dawn said...

You need some rain in a bad way! We're finally starting to cool off in my area and it's so great - not to rub it in. :) Keep climbing!

Johann said...

You are progressing very well. Keep it up! I hope you get rain soon.

Sauna

      This is the most wonderful time of year! I love the heat and humidity! Yet I still get out earlier due to my advanced age! 4.4 miles! ...