Monday, August 23, 2010

Today I was a Runner!

  Sometimes as I go for a run I feel like a sight! Some old fellow shuffling along, trying to run but looking like anything but a runner! A slogger? Today, even with the heat and hills, I felt like my old self....I really felt like I was running again! It's been a long journey with the Achilles tendinitis and the ankle issues. Today I finally put my toe in the water so to speak, I am coming back to the world and wonder of long distance running. I actually ran for 1 hour! I was careful not to let loose on the downhills, yet. I did take all the hills though!
  I put up some of the best mile splits yet, too,with a 9:35 second mile! So today I was a runner! I am encouraged yet cautious. With the goal of 25-26 miles this week I am well on my way with the 5.9 today! Hope your run was half as good as mine! Peace!

7 comments:

racing dawn said...

What a great feeling! So happy for you! I'm sure your week will be awesome and you'll feel better in everything you do this week!

Marlene said...

Glad you're feeling like YOU again with a nice solid run. Way to go, Mark! So happy to see how strong you are coming back.

Beth said...

Hi Mark, Glad to hear from you, and even happier that you are feeling like a runner again and doing great. It's been hot and humid here all summer, too. You would love it! :)

Leah B. said...

Great job! Glad you felt good :)

Jill said...

YAY!!!

Love to Run said...

Welcome back Mark. LOL Great job on the great run. Keep up the awesome work. Your comeback plan is working well.

Johann said...

That's good to hear! I know that "look like an old man" feeling. My run this morning was awesome.

Sauna

      This is the most wonderful time of year! I love the heat and humidity! Yet I still get out earlier due to my advanced age! 4.4 miles! ...