Tuesday, August 24, 2010

The Big Mo

  Another important leadership principle is "The Big Mo". Momentum!! That positive, winning force, that is elusive and fickle! Leaders must be able to recognize it and mobilize it! In running we can find momentum, too. Today I was pumped after yesterday'sys run and found that carry over effect. I didn't run as fast or as far but I had momentum! The trick is keeping momentum. It is easy to lose! Just like a fumble in football can deflate a drive momentum can be lost in a flash! Or it can be captured like the recovery of the fumble!
    So be on the lookout for momentum! At work, play, finances, etc....
  48 minutes on the roads! I've put in 14 miles in the last three days! That's huge for me! The foot feels good! Building momentum:) Peace!

3 comments:

Marlene said...

It's a great feeling once you have that momentum going! Doing good!!!

Johann said...

I like that! Thanks for the reminder.

Lindsay said...

I like this momentum thought. Keep rollin'! Pain-free, so happy for you Mark :)

Sauna

      This is the most wonderful time of year! I love the heat and humidity! Yet I still get out earlier due to my advanced age! 4.4 miles! ...