Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Streakin'

   I'd better be careful! I've actually run five days in a row!! I'm not wanting any streak! I simply want to run healthy and strong...hopefully attempting my sixth marathon soon! So five days in a row right now might be risky....so might six....I am planning on running tomorrow, too! Then Friday off!!! Golf!!!
  Today was a short effort of 34 minutes with 6X1&1's @ 5K pace. What's that? One minute at 5k pace followed by one minute rest repeated six times. A good workout, effective....you have to run the hills, rises, downhills and maintain the 5K pace. According to the Garmin my pace was faster at times, but the 7:40 pace was achieved. This was sandwiched with one mile warm and cool.  The weather is fantastic as a cool front has moved in, but no rain yet. I'm also needing twelve miles in the next two runs? That isn't gonna be possible? I may not meet my hoped for 25 this week. Hope you are running well! Streakin'!Peace...

3 comments:

Marlene said...

Sounds like a good workout - way to nail that 5K pace!

Lindsay said...

I like this version of speedwork lately. Trains you to run fast no matter the course whereas a track is flat and easier! I do like the track as well... Just not lately :) Great run!

Jamie said...

sounds like a good workout! no worries if you can't make it to 25 this week. you are still on a comeback and healing!

Sauna

      This is the most wonderful time of year! I love the heat and humidity! Yet I still get out earlier due to my advanced age! 4.4 miles! ...