Monday, August 16, 2010

Vacation!!!!

  Golf, golf and  more golf.....Sandy won't be off until Thursday so I'll just have to play golf 'till then!:))
 I do plan on continuing my training for the Oct 2nd 5K goal race. I really enjoyed getting back to racing Saturday and as I review I am very pleased with my performance. I kept a  consistent pace, held at or just below "threshold pace".
  As I ran my 32 minute short run (have to save the legs for golf)  at 20 minutes I suddenly  felt this surge of energy! It started on an uphill! Very encouraging.
  I will continue to increase by 10% each week for the next three weeks....going to the track on Saturdays.
 I have been thinking about the best or most effective speed work for the 5k for an old man....I'm thinking 1k repeats. I've also been tinkering with the idea of starting to train using kilometers, especially since I'm training for shorter races. We'll see...otherwise have a great week! I'm on vacation! Fore!!!Peace!
  

4 comments:

Johann said...

Enjoy the vacation! Keep running!

Lindsay said...

enjoy your vacation! don't forget to run and not just golf :)

Jill said...

Well, I don't golf but I'm glad you're getting to do exactly what you want on vacation...that's what they're for!! ENJOY!

Jamie said...

Enjoy the vacation and golf!

Sauna

      This is the most wonderful time of year! I love the heat and humidity! Yet I still get out earlier due to my advanced age! 4.4 miles! ...