Monday, September 6, 2010

Longest yet....

  Today, a beautiful day, I put 83 minutes in on the road!!! My longest run yet this year!!! I am still taking this whole rebuilding thing seriously. I do not want the dreaded Achilles tendinitis back!
  So a gradual build has been the process. This week is a build week with a race slated for Saturday. Today I had to hold back and keep a slow base pace. Tomorrow will be Fartlek fun!! Wednesday some easy miles, Thursday a couple MP miles, then Saturday I will race!!! I plan on a gut busting, all out effort. The course is new,but it's not a PR course by any means. Then next week will be a recovery week.
  If I should break 24 this Saturday I will begin training for a 10K will a specific time to achieve. We will see! Peace!

5 comments:

Beth said...

Glad that your training is going well and that you are excited about your race. Good luck!

Johann said...

You are doing great! The slow buildup is definitely the right approach. Good luck with the week's running and the race. 24 is fast!

Jamie said...

Congrats on your longest run post-injury! Good luck with running this week.

Marlene said...

Congrats on your longest run this year! Your patience and diligence are paying off.

Lindsay said...

Race week! Bring on the sub-24! You have definitely been dedicated and determined to make this comeback, admirable.

Sauna

      This is the most wonderful time of year! I love the heat and humidity! Yet I still get out earlier due to my advanced age! 4.4 miles! ...