Saturday, September 4, 2010

Practicing what you preach

   Yes, I constantly preach that as a runner I must remain flexible in my schedule and maintain balance in my life. So today track day was nixed!! Waaaaaaa:()...
  The Sweetheart and I need to get away so off we go. I did manage an excellent work-out, though!
 4 x 1/2 mile with .25 mile rest @ 3K pace/effort. The first was net down, the next two, net uphill, the last one down...a real road effort! Well, we run our races on roads...right? So I sucked it up, didn't pout, and made the most of it....
  I finished out with 4.75 miles today, and a weekly total of 26.09. I noticed two things on my run today:
  1) No heel pain what-so-ever!!
  2) When running uphill @ pace be careful not to brake by jamming the footstrike into the pavement, stay light and pick up the knees....
  Race next week!!! If I break 24 minutes I will move to the next goal...I'll tell you all about it, soon. Now, we are out of here! Peace! Have a great day...practice what you preach!:)

6 comments:

Middle Name Marie said...

It is so great to run pain-free! YAY!

Christina said...

Hurray for getting in your speed workout and glad you ran pain free too.

Jill said...

Can you swing some of that no heel pain my way?? 8 months of it and I've had ENOUGH! Glad yours is cooperating - yay! Have a great time with the sweetheart :).

Tina @GottaRunNow said...

I hope you get the 24 minute finish you want. I like to run 1/2 miles off the track - less boring.

Johann said...

Great workout! 24mins certainly possible. Have a wonderful week!

Unknown said...

Great, I was entertained by the post. I learn more things on it. Thanks!!!

zbsports

Sauna

      This is the most wonderful time of year! I love the heat and humidity! Yet I still get out earlier due to my advanced age! 4.4 miles! ...