Thursday, December 2, 2010

Up the hill and down.....

 Isn't hill running much like life? Even the ease of going down is stressful...but I am not complaining! I am ever so thankful I am able to run!! I did 12 x med hill today which is an 11% gradient hill. I felt very good and strong...and pushed the last one as hard as I could. I covered 4.4 miles in 57:49...but whatdda expect it's a steep hill! I did jog all downs, too.
  I purchased a foam roller!! It is a miracle working device! My hammies have been buggin' me but this thing is making a difference! I'm excited about this tool.
  I will have to travel to St' Louis Monday to officiate a funeral so training will be thrown off a little, I hope to get one more hard effort in this week.
  I really don't mind uphills anymore....just like in life this is where you discover what you're made of....peace!

3 comments:

Jill said...

When you get to the point where you don't mind hills anymore, then that can only mean you are getting super fit!! Keep up the great job, Mark!!

Lindsay said...

i wish hills weren't 'a thing' to me! i've been working on my mental toughness for the smallest of hills - i realized i was exaggerating them in my mind and i need to toughen up! i love my foam roller! i was doing good at using it but have slacked a bit...

kizzy said...

good luck to your trip...drive safe..

--I prefer running without shoes. My toes didn't get cold. Besides, if I'm in front from the start, no one can step on them. ~Michelle Dekkers - arteryx jackets

Sauna

      This is the most wonderful time of year! I love the heat and humidity! Yet I still get out earlier due to my advanced age! 4.4 miles! ...