Thursday, May 26, 2011

Off to Serve

One part of me doesn't want to go to Joplin.....I don't want to see the destruction, heartache, reality, it's easier to ignore and say so sad, too bad and go on with my little life...such is that selfish side of mankind, yet another part of me wants to give anything I can to help those who are hurting, to try to be a blessing, to help, to be source of encouragement to those who have been hurt. To take love to them in the form of hard work and involvement. So we are off to Joplin in the morning. OHC, the church I Pastor will take a team to begin debris clean-up and also some recovery, I am suddenly in a quandary! The Southern Baptist Convention is actually the third largest Disaster relief agency in the country, and I am trained as a Chaplain (on the job ice storm 2007, btw the guy who trained me was the lead Chaplain at the Oklahoma city bombing), they are needing Chaplains and I have been called....so decisions! I'm leaning on sticking with my folks for now and seeing where the need is.....
  Well I did manage to run yesterday and today at least 30 min both days! Tomorrow is out so I won't get the 6 days in this week....but it's not about ME!! Peace!

3 comments:

Anne said...

A tough quandary, but awesome choices. Kind of nice to know whichever you select will benefit others.

Marlene said...

I know you will do what you can to help those in need. Keeping everyone in my thoughts.

Lindsay said...

i know that no matter what you choose - you will make an impact on those you touch!

Sauna

      This is the most wonderful time of year! I love the heat and humidity! Yet I still get out earlier due to my advanced age! 4.4 miles! ...