Saturday, June 11, 2011

Nike-

  I remember way back in the early 80's I had a t-shirt that had the word Nike on the front in huge letters....vast numbers of people at that time would say "nicki? What's a nicki?" Now of course we all know about Nike. In the original language, Greek, the word means victory or overcomer, don't we all find our selves overcoming things or being overcome? Last night, sitting at Braums with friends, eating a double dipper!( ice-cream joint) watching people...seeing the incredible number of folks who are obese, their kids, too! So sad...being overcome by over indulgence...such is the reality of our culture I guess.....yet we can live lives of victory......sadly it requires effort on our part...I like Nike's slogan "Just do it"...however, I'm an Adidas apparel guy! Finished out a good week. 21.31 miles running plus 4.3 walking with my Sweetie Sandy. Hope you are seeing the victory in your life! Peace!

1 comment:

Marlene said...

It makes me sad to see unhealthy, overweight families... sure we all need to indulge once in a while, but it is scary.

Great job this week! Just do it!

Sauna

      This is the most wonderful time of year! I love the heat and humidity! Yet I still get out earlier due to my advanced age! 4.4 miles! ...