Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Placebo effect?

  So, has anyone ever tried adding Chia seeds to their diet? I recently began incorporating 2 tbsp a day into mine. I am thinking they do have an effect! I noticed the last two runs how I was able to sweat profusely the entire distance, and my strength seemed to last longer? My times indicated better strength also? Maybe it's the mind because I am quite gullible and easily impressed! I also understand Chia seeds are good for joint health and inflammations....my right hip has been acting up a little? Kind of odd? Never really had hip probs....it loosened up well today as I put in 45 minutes in the mid day. Peace!

5 comments:

Marlene said...

I started eating chia seeds in my oatmeal a few months ago, and thought I was noticing benefits also. I have not been eating the lately since I usually don't eat oatmeal when it's hot - how do you eat yours?

Mark said...

Good question, Marlene. I've been making a fruit drink 9 parts liquid to one part seed...also, this morning I sprinkled a tbsp on my cheerios and banana, yesterday on my waffle, also, mixed in with cottage cheese, worked pretty good.

Anne said...

I used chai seeds for awhile, but they seemed to have side effects - mainly very loose stools -- that propmted me to stop using them.

lindsay said...

I haven't tried them myself but I have heard others who have... If they're working - go for it! At least it's a natural thing (vs roids or something).

Christina said...

I have a friend who uses chia seeds and likes them. I read something the other day where you can add water to the chia sees and they act like GU. I've been wondering if I should try them too because I keep hearing great things about them. I do have the dumb commercial running through my head though. Ch ch ch chia.

Fell

   So we call this season fall...well it fell! Nearly all the leaves are down and you can see much deeper into the woods. Time stops for no...