Thursday, December 15, 2011

A fool and his treadmill are soon parted!

  I hope I am not being an idiot! I have run on the treadmill 5 days in a row and each run has been what I would have called hard.
   Today I ran 67 minutes and did 6.52 miles. I did 2 minute intervals starting at 4mph going up 1mph each 2 minutes to 8mph.
  It turns out this was kind of like an interval training run. Around 50 minutes I began to really feel it! I hung on and reached 67 minutes.
   I don't want to burn out or get injured but the body is feeling good! The treadmill is so much more forgiving than the ground! My plan for weight loss first then road work is on track! I broke into the 170's!!! 179 today!!
  I am thinking about a trial race December 31st. There is a 5k in Springfield. I wonder what it would be like to run it seeing as I haven't run on the road for nearly 8 weeks! What do you think?
   I am slimming and today I noticed that I could comfortably handle 7mph! Hope all is well with you!! Peace!

1 comment:

Marlene said...

You're making great progress. A race sounds good - maybe squeeze in a couple of short runs on pavement first.

Sauna

      This is the most wonderful time of year! I love the heat and humidity! Yet I still get out earlier due to my advanced age! 4.4 miles! ...