Saturday, February 4, 2012

1/4 reps

 I had no time yesterday!!! Worked from 6-6 with only enough time to squeeze in a treadmill workout. The plan was 1.5 mile warm-up and 1.5 mile cool down which I have learned is truly very important! So the workout was a recovery speed session(?) 8 x 1/4 @ 8.1mph (7:24's) 1 degree incline, 3 min recovery. Did 'em! Finished in 68 minutes with 6.75 treadmiles. I have realized that the treadmill is a very good tool to practice and train the running form....so that's what I focused on during the reps. Never did suck air! I am down to 173lbs....1lb more to go until I reach my first goal...I am now looking at 165 as the real goal...what's 8 more lbs? Well I will post again later as I finish out this recovery week with an easy run sometime today....peace!

No comments:

Sauna

      This is the most wonderful time of year! I love the heat and humidity! Yet I still get out earlier due to my advanced age! 4.4 miles! ...