Thursday, February 23, 2012

A short 40 minutes!

  Funny how your body can get conditioned? No it's really pretty amazing! Today I did a short work-out with about 2.2 miles at MP. 40 minutes total, 4.19 treadmiles. Amazing how I felt I could hold the pace forever! I wonder how my plans will play out Saturday?
  I have been reluctant to talk about my plans because I tend to chicken out at the last minute.....it takes an act of congress to get me to race! Truly it's not being afraid it's just I don't want to get up early on my only sleep in day of the week!
  But actually I have a certain amount of trepidation due to the fact that all my running has been treadmill and I'm going to race a 25K!
  Funny though....I really believe I will race well. I think I will have to deal with some pain in my feet, ankles, and butt but who doesn't deal with some kind of pain during a race?
  I am looking at this race as a "tune-up" race. I want to do a sort of progression run, too. My objective is of course to finish...however I think I ought to try to run as close to MP overall. So I will run this with a race mentality. My goals are uncertain because of a lack of history.  If I can break 2:30 I will be very happy.
  The race is called "Run with the Wind". I think last year there were less than 100 participants so it is a small race yet it appears to be very well organized. We are supposed to run a point to point course with the wind behind us....that would be nice:)
  Well wish me luck...I will take tomorrow off and enjoy this mini-taper! Peace!

1 comment:

Jill said...

LUCK!!! You're going to do awesome, I cannot wait to hear all the details!! Go, Mark, gooooo!

Fell

   So we call this season fall...well it fell! Nearly all the leaves are down and you can see much deeper into the woods. Time stops for no...