Wednesday, September 24, 2014

39 days-

  Well I have 39 days until the marathon. It has been a long while since I've run a full. I remember it well! The 17 mile cramp from you know where!
  I like my training program up to this point. I've been increasing the long run by one mile once a week. I have four more long runs and the last one will be 22 miles 13 days before the marathon. I have learned that a three week taper is just too long for me. I will do the 22 miles then start the taper. I've been taking the day off right after each long run...much needed! Then I've been running an 8 miler on Wednesdays. Today I did 8.5 and again at about the third mile I felt good and kicked the pace up a notch. I am now seeing the benefits of starting the run a little slower that normal. As we age the body takes longer to "make the flip" if you know what I mean?
  Thursday will be the short run-4 miles...trying to push the pace up a little. Hope all is well with you!

No comments:

Sauna

      This is the most wonderful time of year! I love the heat and humidity! Yet I still get out earlier due to my advanced age! 4.4 miles! ...