Thursday, September 25, 2014

Running through injury

   Little aches and pains can creep up on us as we train for marathons. I am losing my second toe nail as we speak! I don't mind that at all. Recently the ball of my left foot has been bugging me...like a stone bruise. Fortunately the pain and discomfort goes away after running a little while. I expect it will heal up...I hope it will, too! Sadly the body is not indestructible! However, it beats the alternative! I could be sedentary and out of shape!
   I ran the easy 4 miler....feels like nothing as we ramp up into longer efforts....tomorrow I have to travel so I may have to do the 8 miler on Saturday...we'll see. Hope all is well with you!

No comments:

Sauna

      This is the most wonderful time of year! I love the heat and humidity! Yet I still get out earlier due to my advanced age! 4.4 miles! ...