Monday, September 29, 2014

Butt Kicker-

  Fall is here...yet the sun and 83 degree temps + all the stinkin' hills= one worn out runner! I did manage the 19 mile run but I had to begin a walk run program around 12 miles. I picked up a friend as I was running too. A really nice looking bird dog began following me around the 4 mile mark. She stayed with me the whole way!!
  I drove her back home after the run was over...nice dog, wish the owners were more responsible! So one more long run in the books! It wasn't pretty but I did finish and I think I'll live!? I really believe this was a perfect work-out today. I needed the heat and the hills to keep me tough. When the cool weather comes and the course is flat I will be strong! Hope all is well with you!

1 comment:

Johann said...

I often do some walking on my long runs and find them all very good workouts.

Carb deficient

          I've been cutting calories in order to "lighten the load". Dropped 10lbs so far! But...it impacts running. Today on...