Saturday, October 21, 2017

4 miles 4 kids


    So a perfect day to race! 60's, overcast, breezy. The field was small and club racers were sparse!
  I was probably the only guy in my age group that would be considered a racer. I think I finished 7th overall, that tells you about the field!
   However, there were some good runners and the event was really very well done. I will run it again! I didn't wait around for the awards due to time constraints but the accolades are not really necessary. I ran very well for my current reality. I had a 38:23 unofficial but the distance was actually 4.24 miles and not 4! Everyone that had a Garmin noted the distance disparity.
   To be expected when novices put on an event....still a great race! I ran well. An 8:46 first mile, followed by an 8:54 mile, the a 9:14, then a 9:11...finished the race neck and neck with someone trying to pass me. Talked to a sweet young lady (20-25) she finished just ahead of me. I mentioned I was trying to catch her, she said I was her inspiration to keep pushing! Yes, we were racing! She's training for the big annual HM here in November. I encouraged her!
   Hope you are well! Peace!

No comments:

Sauna

      This is the most wonderful time of year! I love the heat and humidity! Yet I still get out earlier due to my advanced age! 4.4 miles! ...