Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Basically I am a very positive, optimistic person. It is very hard to get me down.
You probably know the type? Cheerful, friendly, encouraging, the glass is half-full, and so on. Yet there is opportunity for negativity to creep in this mentality, too.
I have what's called a marathon mentality. Even now, as I am dealing with sciatica,(where it came from I do not know, after months of training, a dream I ran beyond my expectations, the race is in jeopardy)I shall not be moved! I will stay the course, I am treating the injury, seeking God, looking for the victory, stretching for the tape....what do I mean? There is something to be learned in all this. This current reality is a lesson for me to learn and then apply to life. What is it? I do not know yet. Will I race? I do not know yet. Will I recover in time? I plan on trying everything I know to do so.
Today I will continue with planned taper. A four miler with some pick-ups to marathon pace. I will come in and treat the injury, stretching,super hot bath. Icing as I go! I am hard pressed on every side,but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed...
That's a marathon mentality!

No comments:

Sauna

      This is the most wonderful time of year! I love the heat and humidity! Yet I still get out earlier due to my advanced age! 4.4 miles! ...