Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Recovery
The body is slowly recovering from the race. I walked briskly for 1.5 miles yesterday. I remember talking to a lady before the race started about running marathons. She had run 21 and that was within a years time frame?! I remember passing her at mile 11 as she was plodding along. Some folks have remarkable bodies! I, for one, require recovery. Soreness is dissipating, sciatica has resurfaced, hope springs eternal. I look forward to hitting the roads when my body says okay. I look forward to the alone time as the cold north winds attack me from every angle, I look forward to another opportunity to test myself, to press, to stretch, to train, and to race. Here's a quote that sums up the motivation, "No matter how old I get, the race remains one of life's most rewarding experiences. My times become slower and slower, but the experience of the race is unchanged; each race a drama, each race a challenge, each race stretching me in one way or another, and each race telling me more about myself and others." ~ George Sheehan.

No comments:

Sauna

      This is the most wonderful time of year! I love the heat and humidity! Yet I still get out earlier due to my advanced age! 4.4 miles! ...