Thursday, December 18, 2008



I've been thinking a lot about my running goals lately. What am I really able to do? What do I want to do? I've returned to racing, training, I'm improving, my weight is down 16lbs, so what now? How well can I perform? I looked back to the race times in my "heyday" and equivalency charts show I could barely qualify for Boston. I have been seriously considering making Boston a goal for 2011. Then I would be 55 yrs old, as skinny as possible, and running my best times (that's the vision). But I have an obsessive nature! If I decided on this goal I would pursue it with every ounce of determination I have. My Dad raised us boys (I have two bros.) to decide what we were going to do, and do it to the best of our ability! Could I keep things in balance? I will keep thinking about this idea. I have pretty much decided on The Little Rock marathon for my next 26.2 miler. If you are going let me know! I will run several races along the way and plan on having fun! But I will be shooting for my first sub four hour marathon. Last time I bonked terribly. I will have to run much smarter!

Depending on how I feel I will run easy or do some Fartlek training today. I want to practice a 22:00 5k pace. See! Already planning on the BQ! Peace!

No comments:

Sauna

      This is the most wonderful time of year! I love the heat and humidity! Yet I still get out earlier due to my advanced age! 4.4 miles! ...