Friday, December 19, 2008



TRAIN!- As I was doing my mile repeats today, in the sunshine!! I had an interesting thought. Training the body to race is much the same as starting a train. The engine must start-and each car must be engaged. Often by a violent jolt. Our control is our brain-like Yogi Berra said "baseball is 90% mental and the other half physical." We engage by our decision to run validated by action. I don't need to give you the whole discourse, but you get the picture. For me , now, the car that I am engaging is speed. Training the body to run faster. Today I did 3x1 mile repeats with an 800 meter jog. 8:05, 7:48,,7:37, in that order. I worked during the intervals to achieve my best running economy. I have a long way to go but I am definitely making gains! 6.4 miles total in 1:00.11. 9:24 avg. I seriously doubt I will run for the next two days. Out of town and church so I will be exhausted. Peace!

No comments:

Sauna

      This is the most wonderful time of year! I love the heat and humidity! Yet I still get out earlier due to my advanced age! 4.4 miles! ...