Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Screened

I'm back off the bench! Ran 4.1 EZ in 39:37. The procedure went well. I stayed awake which is apparently unusual. As I mentioned to the nurse that drugs hammer me, I'm out for hours, she said I could opt to stay awake and that I would experience some cramping in the stomach but that would be about it...based on my last marathon I though I could easily handle a little stomach cramp. Turns out it wasn't so bad and we actually had a blast. The Dr. is a Cyclist and rides
"The Hotter that Hell 100" in Wichita Falls, TX. every year. I gathered quite a bit of information related to the GI tract and exercise (he said the veins looked good) so it was a very informative time, I made friends with the nurse, least I could do considering, plus as I was gurneyed back to my room the staff was passing on the word-"No sedation, no sedation " I felt like I'd hit the tape in 3:59! I was outta there not 20 minutes after the procedure! Eating!
The weather is on the upswing! 60's tomorrow. I will hold back, though. This is a rest week. I am only trying for 25-30 miles. I am always learning...one of my Axioms is "Leaders always learn" so I am thinking that during a rest week we must still do some form of speed work. Any suggestions or ideas or discoveries you have made would be appreciated. My speed day is Friday. Peace!

3 comments:

Frayed Laces said...

OMG you did that without sedation---HARDCORE!

Love to Run said...

Good to hear you are back on the road. Keep up the good training. The race will be here before you knwo it!

Bob A said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Check back in a day or two and I'll post the answer to the ...opposite of progress... riddle.

Dude, no sedation? I've had that wonderful procedure done twice. I've been sedated, but both times I was awake enough to watch (and remember) parts of the procedure on the video screen. My family says, Gross!, but I thought it was interesting. Since you didn't mention otherwise, I assume the report was All clear.

Sauna

      This is the most wonderful time of year! I love the heat and humidity! Yet I still get out earlier due to my advanced age! 4.4 miles! ...