Monday, February 16, 2009

Battlefield Hills

Sunny, cold and windy. I didn't feel like running? Worn out from yesterday! I put off the run as long as I could until I either scuttled it or ran. I opted to run. I covered the 12.6 mile scenic "Battlefield Hills" loop in 2:06.07. Not bad? I had a real slow warm up and eventually got to 9:30's. I took every hill and stretched every downhill.
It is a very satisfying feeling to finish a hard run when you know you almost blew it off!
I got some real good illustration material as I was running today. I so enjoy the time spent in running. It is quite possible to have very productive moments as you run. The mind is truly amazing in it's ability to multi-task.
Hope the sun is shining in your neck of the woods.
Peace

No comments:

Sauna

      This is the most wonderful time of year! I love the heat and humidity! Yet I still get out earlier due to my advanced age! 4.4 miles! ...