Friday, February 13, 2009

Gassed..whew!

Just a flat out nasty day. The winter winds are back and oh do they have an eroding effect on the mentality. I am totally gassed. When I started the run I figured I looked like Walter Brennan.My body was stiff and uncooperative?
Anyway, I hung tough and finally got loose. I made it 6.4 miles in a dreadfully slow pace but it doesn't matter I had some good time to think.
The talk went well last night. After I was finished we had question time, they will text their questions to the leader via telephone and the leader in turn asks me the question. I really enjoyed this and it is a way to give freedom to ask tough questions. Let me tell you it takes guts to do this!
Hope you race well. And best of luck to Love2Run. He's running back to back marathons this weekend!

2 comments:

Frayed Laces said...

Good job getting it done, even if the weather sucked.

Love to Run said...

Thanks for the Shout Out. Now it is time to put words into action and not die!!! I am sure I will be talking quite a lot to the Big Guy more on Sunday. I shal keep repeating Isaiah 40:31

Sauna

      This is the most wonderful time of year! I love the heat and humidity! Yet I still get out earlier due to my advanced age! 4.4 miles! ...