Friday, February 20, 2009

Trackster

The weather softened up today. The temps hit the mid-fifties but the wind remains strong out of the south. That's okay! It is warmer! I drove up to my Alma Mater, MSU, and hit the track. After a good warm-up my plan was to do a VO2 max work-out doing 6X800's at 5k pace with a 400 jog in between for a rest. I finished up with 7X800. Here are the times for the 800's: 3:47, 3:49, 3:48,3:50, 3:49, 3:50,3:51.
There was much activity on the track and field. One young man was doing 400's and wow!! He could flat fly! What a sight I must've been in comparison? The Girls were practicing Field Hockey and the crack of the stick resounded through the stadium. They were really getting with it in some sort of drill and having a lot of fun, too. After their practice as they made it off the field I noticed one girl was very upset? She seemed physically fine, but something happened to make her cry? As I jogged back to my car one of the kids I spoke to last week saw me and we talked for a second. I really like college kids! They are in an interesting place in life.
Well tomorrow a cold front is back in town, I will hope to get 4-6 miles in sometime. Hope you get in a good run today. Peace!

No comments:

Sauna

      This is the most wonderful time of year! I love the heat and humidity! Yet I still get out earlier due to my advanced age! 4.4 miles! ...