Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Kindness

Today the weather is superb!! Sunshine galore, breezy from the North and 57 degrees!
Lots of people out! One other runner, we exchanged howdy's, I said, "How do you like this weather," he said "Lovin' it!" Good answer I thought!
A young Mother pushing her two little ones in a jogger carriage. People mowing and weed-eating. As I was running by the guy weed-eating he stopped his machine until I passed, the lady pushing a lawn mower a little later, stopped until I was passed. That is kindness in my book.
Many times I've been disregarded as a runner, but today folks were kind. They regarded me. Felt good!
As to the running; I did 10.3 miles at MP. First two miles are warm-up (marathon simulation) 19:38-this might be a tad too slow, next three in 8:47's. Came in house to eat a power bar, take fluids, back out, next 5.15 in 46:04.79-or 8:57's. I actually had to hold back the pace! I was wanting to cut loose! 10.3 miles in 1:33.23-9:03's. I'm pleased with the effort.

Current reality and observations:
Five runs left until Race-this is exciting
There is doubt in my mind regarding goal-this is nagging
I am much stronger than before my last marathon-this is encouraging
My aches and pains aren't as bad today-this is amazing
The Taper can mess with your mind-this is interesting
Mental Effort must be practiced-this is challenging-(more on this later)

Hope the weather has turned for the better in your neck of the woods! Peace!






3 comments:

Love to Run said...

"jogger carriage"?!?!? Mark, you are showing your age here some! LOL

I have a jog stroller too. The kids loved it. I even run races with it. It really angers others when I pass them though.

I used to live on a street with a busy sidewalk and I always turned the mower and stopped to not spray others with clipping, rocks, etc. It is just the right thing to do. I know I hate it when others don't for me.

Marlene said...

Fortunately, the weather looks a lot better around here too. Can't wait to get out and enjoy it after work!

I always appreciate it when homeowners stop the lawnmower/weedeater as I pass (or snow-blower as was the case during the winter months!)

Great job on the MP 10-miler.

Aron said...

sounds like a great day!!!!

taper does make all of us a little crazy but you are ready!!!! marathon will be here so soon :)

Sauna

      This is the most wonderful time of year! I love the heat and humidity! Yet I still get out earlier due to my advanced age! 4.4 miles! ...