Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Getting a pattern

I really like the Garmin. It is quite a tool and I've yet to figure it out completely. What I really like is the ability to know current pace speed. That is really helpful in training.
I am beginning to get some patterns developed, as in particular running routes. I am a little encouraged by my run today. Four miles with three of them in under ten minutes per mile. The roads are so extremely hilly it is either going to make me stronger of kill me!
The camber of the roads is excessive, too, so I find myself running in the middle of the road as much as possible. I hope to run a race this weekend if things allow. I am needing some speed work, and/or flat terrain to run on, I am making the best of this situation. It is not conducive to running out here in that there are some mean dogs and no loop runs, but where there are roads we can run! I want to post some pictures soon so you guys can see the beautiful spots I get to run through. Hope things are well in your neck of the woods!

3 comments:

Marlene said...

I would definitely like to see some pictures of these new routes you are running. This is definitely going to make you stronger!

Beth said...

I'm so glad your running is going well. I bet those hills are going to make you very strong. Can't wait to see some pics!

Thomas Bussiere said...

I know what you mean by dogs. I was cornered by three and they wanted a piece of me a few years back while running on the roads. I now carry mace and my cell phone for assurance and have not needed it for over 3 years now.
The hills will make you a stronger runner and acts as speedwork at the same time.
Good luck, stay focused, and believe.

Sauna

      This is the most wonderful time of year! I love the heat and humidity! Yet I still get out earlier due to my advanced age! 4.4 miles! ...