Well, I am struggling. It has been very difficult getting out the door for a run. Yes, I can list 18 excuses but I've always overcome them before?! I'm just in the doldrums. Here are some truths in regards to my current reality:
1) Too much "rest" is weakening me in body and spirit!
2) I am losing fitness as fast as the Polar ice cap is ice.
3) I want to run but find my resolve is weakened like a termite infested board.
4) I've been through this before.
5) I'm pretty sure I'll come out of the doldrums.
6) I've been pickin' the banjo a bunch!
Needless to say...don't give up on me friends!! I'm still reading your blogs and pulling for you. Today I forcefully decided I would run! 30 minutes of it and I felt pretty good! Peace!
Oh my! The weather is spectacular! I managed another 30 minute run. So 5 short runs this week. Just kind of maintaining! Hope you are ...
Summertime!!! When the livin' is easy! The best time of year to slim down or die tryin'! Today I had to jump out of the w...
Sunshine is invigorating! It has been wet, cool and dreary around here for days! I have been doing a gradual rebuild. 5 30 minute runs...
So I did some speed work today. 3x7/10ths with 1/4 rest. I managed 5K goal pace but it seemed hard. Oddly I'm dealing with right...