Well, I am struggling. It has been very difficult getting out the door for a run. Yes, I can list 18 excuses but I've always overcome them before?! I'm just in the doldrums. Here are some truths in regards to my current reality:
1) Too much "rest" is weakening me in body and spirit!
2) I am losing fitness as fast as the Polar ice cap is ice.
3) I want to run but find my resolve is weakened like a termite infested board.
4) I've been through this before.
5) I'm pretty sure I'll come out of the doldrums.
6) I've been pickin' the banjo a bunch!
Needless to say...don't give up on me friends!! I'm still reading your blogs and pulling for you. Today I forcefully decided I would run! 30 minutes of it and I felt pretty good! Peace!
Spring is a season of hope for me. A long Winter of running and dodging sickness, and even being sick for a week, with consistent ...
Sunshine is invigorating! It has been wet, cool and dreary around here for days! I have been doing a gradual rebuild. 5 30 minute runs...
So we call this season fall...well it fell! Nearly all the leaves are down and you can see much deeper into the woods. Time stops for no...
So I am certainly a young looking 62 yr old. Especially with my hat on, but if I get knocked off my routine I find it causes me drag. I...