Thursday, January 7, 2010

In My Underwear!!

Catchy title, huh? But it's true! I ran in my underwear today-3 degrees with a -20 wind chill. Okay! I had my long john pants on outside my tights. I have searched for a metaphor to illustrate the intensity of the cold but to no avail...it is nearly brutal. The wind actually tries to take the fun out of the run! However, I made it fine and actually feel pretty good about myself! I am staying on track and hope to be race ready by 3/27. There's a very nice HM in Springfield on that date. I ran a 1:55+ last year and I'm sure I can beat that time.
Well, here's hoping you are well and that the southern breezes will come again....soon!
Totals-3.01 miles-Peace!

9 comments:

jel said...

some how i just knew you would be running today! man it's more the cold out there!

kara said...

Brr - the coldest I've run in is -15
You are a brave one!

Anne said...

I think that beats me once being too lazy and running in my pajamas - which were flannel.

Unknown said...

Great job staying tough, that will help you some day in the future! I just can't picture you in your underwear over the tights. Then the shorts? Please, no photos : ) !

Beth said...

Mark, Mark, Mark. Take it from a Missourian who now lives in Minnesota... go for the tights under a pair of sweatpants or running pants. Or, if you are going to run in your underwear, please take a picture! :)

Jill said...

Yep, I'm officially DONE with winter. This latest cold snap has me grumpy and doing way more treadmill miles than I care to. Nice job getting out there and being brave! Happy almost weekend!

Bob A said...

I must admit that your title made me curious. Too funny. I'd second the warm-ups over tights. I did that at 5°F and it was too warm but @ -20°, I think it would be cool.

A Plain Observer said...

I was looking for more juicy details on the underwear deal.
It has been brutal, just brutal

Marlene said...

BRRRRRR, that is cold! Good for you not letting it stop you.

Hope all is well!

Sauna

      This is the most wonderful time of year! I love the heat and humidity! Yet I still get out earlier due to my advanced age! 4.4 miles! ...