Tuesday, January 5, 2010

I'm out there---

Yep, these temps we are enduring are really unusual. They say it's been ten years since we've had such a cold snap. Ten years ago I was (unknowingly) in the last months of a three year every day running streak so I've run in these sub zero temps. Bundle up! Layers of cloths! Runners; We know how to layer! I couldn't resist the urge to go out today and run! Sun shinning, snow glistening, road calling...so I went and it was good! It's one of those days when you can see the shadow of your breath! That cold!! I explored! I played! I thought! Only two vehicles passed me. I love it! Hope you are doing well today! One really good thing to note? Every day means more daylight!! I love Summer! It's getting closer-Totals-3.01 miles. I am continuing to gradually increase miles, the body is in perpetual soreness; growing old ain't fun! Peace!

3 comments:

Aron said...

you are hardcore!! i want to run in the snow - just for a day or two though :)

Unknown said...

I like that...every day that passes means more day light! You sound really happy, Mark, welcome back to blogging!

5 Miles Past Empty said...

I so love your positive attitude! I need summer to get here soon! Each day we are a day closer!

Sauna

      This is the most wonderful time of year! I love the heat and humidity! Yet I still get out earlier due to my advanced age! 4.4 miles! ...