Friday, January 29, 2010

Into the woods-

We have about 5 inches of snow now and it's still falling. I decided to go for a hike. What better time to explore the woods? You leave tracks so you can't get lost! So one hour of hiking in the Ozark Mtns! A wonderful time. No noise! Peaceful!! Somewhat treacherous, though. Hidden logs, rocks, root wads, had to go slow and careful.I had an idea of where I could explore and where I might cross the highway, I was right. I came out on W south and headed home. I was passed by three vehicles! The first was a nice elderly Ozarker in a little black truck. He stopped to see if I needed a ride. I told him I was hiking. The next encounter was two guys out jeeping. They were kind hearted too and asked if I was okay. When I said I was hiking they said "cool!" The third vehicle was a snow plow. I got way out of the way!! I'm thinking about another hike tomorrow! Hope you're not having to deal with this kind of weather. O well...Summer is inching closer!! Did I say I love Summer? Peace!

6 comments:

Marlene said...

Sounds like a beautiful place to explore... I hope I can take you up on your offer one day for a visit in the Ozarks!

jel said...

we got about 4 inches, and still snowing,

don't forget, Spring comes before summer :)

Unknown said...

Ok, so I totally get why you love summer. It sounds like you're still having fun out there though!

Beth said...

Saying you love summer is an understatement. You love summer heat and humidity! Sounds like you had a wonderful hike. I bet it is beautiful.

Anne said...

That sounds like the perfect way to enjoy a snow day. I wish I could hike alongside you, root wads and all.

5 Miles Past Empty said...

summer is inching closer!!! Yay!

How fun to take a hike! People are nice aren't they? Good think you got out of the way of the snow plow! that could have been ugly!

Enjoy the snow!

Sauna

      This is the most wonderful time of year! I love the heat and humidity! Yet I still get out earlier due to my advanced age! 4.4 miles! ...