My neighbor asked if I was getting ready to run as I happened across his path this afternoon...he was getting his mail..."nope, just finished," i said as the sweat dripped from every pore possible......I knew what he was thinking..."Wow...what a nut!" Man, the heat is wonderful! I've run and thrived in it for 30+ summers....I believe if you are smart you will definitely be a much skinnier and stronger runner if you can/will run in the heat.
Wear a white hat, be very hydrated...(this is a way of life, hydration that is)...start slow, go easy, you will adapt!! Then wait 'til Fall rolls around! You will be Superman or Superwoman!!
Today was my long run (LOL) 4.58 miles, the heel/ankle feels good! I will take it one day at a time but this week I put 15 miles on it and it's feelin' fine!! Happy weekend!! Peace!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
Sunny skies, cool temps (50's), very windy, I headed for the track with the goal of 12 MP miles. I decided to simulate the marathon. So ...
-
Sticking with my TV theme from yesterday...The original Star Trek was a favorite of mine. Why? That statement "going where no man has g...
-
I usually only post when I've a run to report., but I wanted you all to know I'm still around. I am now in the throes of life! I am ...
6 comments:
have a safe fun weekend yourself!
Great advice on running in the heat! And I bet your neighbor secretly wishes he could run like you! =)
I really want to love running in the heat, but it's sloooowing me down! Glad your foot feels fine!
Most people think I'm strange because of running too. Nice job on the healthy base building!
the start of the hot weather is always tough but adaptation always rolls around sooner or later :) 4+ miles! nice job! keep slowly bumping it up.
It's finally warming up here and I'm looking forward to the heat training too. Thanks for the nice reminder that there's much to be gained from working hard in oppressive conditions.
Post a Comment