Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Bummer

A friend called me today and informed me he'd hurt his back, therefore he would be unable to take me, as his guest, to the most awesome golf course in the area!! A private course....one I've wanted to golf for years...needless to say I'm balling and whining like a baby!! Oh well, back to the muni for me!!
I got my 30 minutes of running in today, right smack in the middle of the day...love it!! I decided to throw in a little extra stress today by running faster, I enjoyed the moments of sucking air!! I think that running these short durations will have a side benefit. My general pace has been my MP which I consider around 9mpm. I have found myself running some sub nine pace and even breaking, briefly, into the sub eight world. So, all is not lost! I still must discipline myself to not run more than I am. I want to get well! Peace!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Smart! Get well! Sorry about not being able to golf, that's a bummer!

Jamie said...

Serious bummer about golf. Hope you can make it there soon! Nice job working on the speed!

Marlene said...

Aw, too bad! Hope you get another opportunity to play on that course.

In the mean time, nice running!

Lindsay said...

oh come on! he could pretend like he was going to play and just chauffeur you around in the cart! :)

hope you can play the course soon!

Sauna

      This is the most wonderful time of year! I love the heat and humidity! Yet I still get out earlier due to my advanced age! 4.4 miles! ...